Monday, March 23, 2009

One Month Check-Up

Okay, so I am a tad bit late making this post but anyway, I went for my one month check-up post Lasik last Monday, March 16th. If you know me then you know I tend to be just a tad bit on the neurotic side about some things and my eyes and anything to do with them are one of those things! Naturally I am all nervous because I know it will be JUST MY LUCK that I get in there and they are like "oops...sorry, Miss Nason but somehow we managed to slice through your "insert technical eye vocab word here" and now your "insert another" is not functioning properly. Well, Christie, my wonderful cousin who works there, was administering all the proper tests on me and then we get to the chart. I don't know about you but every time they say "Cover your right eye and read down as small as you can" I immediately start to sweat, get a little shaky and feel as if I am taking the SAT or something!!! So now I am thinking to myself "dear sweet Lord, what if I can't even read the second row down... I will be blind forever and have to learn braille and I am too old to be learning something like that, I assume it's like picking up a foreign language and I am way too old to be learning Spanish too" (I know, I know, yes, I actually do have these conversations with myself in my head...I told you I was a tad bit on the neurotic side) Well, come to find out I was most impressively able to check out reading with 20/15 vision which, my friends, is better than 20/20 so now I have super girl bionic vision....okay not really but it is more than perfect!!! So, I managed to survive it all and luckily do not have to pick up braille!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so glad you have more than perfect vision. And yes, you are crazy if you really thougth you'd have to learn braille! There are meds for people like you, ya know! :)

Jennifer said...

LOL...I know, I know...