Tuesday, December 30, 2008

They made it through a BLIZZARD!!!!!!

Now being from the deep South I do not think that any of us can quite imagine what the word "blizzard" really means unless we are in one....but I'll tell you this, if my Mother was terrified even in the slightest, I know it was BAD!!!!
So around 8:00PM last night I get this cryptic text from my Mother that reads "going 1mph in blizzard....terrifying" so I am thinking that's not too good but I trust Doug to drive it because hell, he grew up in Canada and knows how to do these things. However, I was still uneasy until I received the next text about an hour and a half later "we made it to Gralf's, it was SO SCARY"...I mean really, lets think about this....my ENTIRE family is on this one short bus here....I was glad to know they made it safely to destination No. 3!!!

FYI - "Gralf" is what we call Doug's father whose name is Alf, Gralf stands for something like "grandpa Alf" you get the idea. Oh, and his wife Deb is "Greb"so it's Gralf & Greb"

Gralf & Greb live in Maxwell, Ontario, Canada

1 comment:

Beth said...

The trip looks like a fun (and cold) adventure. Why aren't you with them? You're missing all the bonding time in the Winnebago! When are they coming home?